Sunday 22 July 2012

Charity money

I am sorry that I must inform all those that donated to the charity money at the reunion this year that I have had to cancel the cheque to the Vaughan Family, the reason that I have had to take this step is because Mrs Vaughan promised me that she would get in touch with the local paper and get it put in there to thank all the members that donated money so that I could post it on the site, I found out that she did get in touch with a reporter who went out to their home but instead of giving him the information that we had agreed she used the reporter for her own agenda, where she informed him that they needed £5000 for a sensory garden which was published in the paper, there was a line in that interview which said ( someone from 1st The Royal Dragoons gave them a cheque for £260), I phoned the reporter that did the interview to ask him if he knew why he was not informed of the presentation and the photo that was taken to be posted in the paper, the answer that he gave me was that he thought by what was said to him that he was there to discuss the sensory garden and the mention of the donation by us was an afterthought that was mentioned at the end of the interview, after my discussion with the reporter I decided that I would cancel the cheque which had not been cashed at the time and I hope that all the members that donated money will be happy for me to send it to the Mcmillan Nurses, to me Mrs Vaughan has let you all down and most of all she has let her husband down, I think you will all agree that all we ask for is to show us a little courtesy for our efforts.

John Atkins

11 comments:

  1. Sounds to me like another sound cancellation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot think of a better cause than Mcmillan Nurses John nice one. Why can't people keep to their words. Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done ,we must bear this in mind for next year
    Re her husband , and I say this as a Welfare case worker for the British Legion
    did they need us , not that you would know .?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mcmillan sounds a good cause to me may indirectly help some of our own old comrades, cheers Les

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good move John, and a good cause.

    Dave 118

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cause John, I think most of us have been in contact with the wonderful work that they do.

    Keith

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am in agreement i think she shot her self in the foot
    john(jp)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Youi made the right decision John.

    Best Regards Doug.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.