Monday 21 June 2010

Royals Reunion 2010

To all members,
May I thank Derek and Denis for their help during the last twelve months with the organisation of this years reunion.

We hope that everyone enjoyed the night, with regards to the buffet the feedback that I had was that it was on the whole very good for which I will write to the manager at the Fradley Arms and ask him to thank all the staff involved on the night for the friendly service that I found to be very helpful by all of them.

During the afternoon Denis, Doug and myself had a meeting to discuss the reunion for next year, during that meeting we had a discussion as to what we could do differently and thought that we would put it up to the members to see if there were any ideas for anything special that they thought we could put on.

The next item that we discussed was the venue, we came to the conclusion that we will again use the Premier Inn and Fradley Arms as Denis and I have been on the internet to see if we could find anywhere else as some members thought that the premier is a little expensive, we have not found anywhere that is any cheaper and that has the facilities that we have at the Premier Inn as well as having the venue on the doorstep, we understand that not everyone is able to get accommodation at the Premier Inn but if those that cannot get in the Premier there are other places available if a number of members book into the same one and then get a minibus to transport them to the venue and they would be able to share the cost. if anyone is hoping to join us next year I suggest that if they want to get in the Premier Inn that they book it as soon as possible.

May I on behalf of the members present at the service at the NMA thank Brian Allen for officiating and for the excellent job that he did owing to Ann Taylor not being able to come due to her health problem and on our behalf send Ann all our best wishes.

John A

10 comments:

  1. Hi John,

    Thanks so much for all your hard work organizing Saturday. Dad had a wonderful time and so did I. I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say how much we appreciate your efforts in getting everyone together in this way & we look forward to next year.
    Regarding anything done differently, I have a couple of suggestions that may or may not be appropriate??

    I think it would be nice to have a bit of background music during the evening, not sure if everyone would agree?
    Also, I know Dad isn’t the only member without a computer & whilst I try to keep him up to date on all that’s going on, maybe it would be nice to have a bit of a catch up of news from the year (births, deaths, marriages, as well as general news of the regiment)

    Thanks again for a lovely evening. See you next year.

    Irene (Ted Worts daughter)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear things went well and you all had a good time.I trust everyone was present at first parade this morning,will do my best not to miss out on next years!Best wishes to all.
    ---------
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks John,,I have booked in,12 months soon fly by,so those that have not booked do it NOW there is NO deposit to pay,and if nearer to the date you cannot make it let John know then he may be able to allocate your room.Took flowers to Ann's she was not in...waiting for a reply from her,Ian was chuffed withit and thought it was a wonderful gesture.
    Bri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish to add to my earlier post which I did not have time to complete, I would like to thank all those members that attended the reunion for there co-operation during the last twelve months i.e. letting me know they were not going to be able to come to the reunion because of other arrangements, illness, and by doing so it gave me to chance to get in touch with the Premier Inn and book another member in to their room thereby keeping the room for our members before someone else gets in and finally for everyone sending me their cheques on time. I have got to set up a meeting with a gentleman at Combat Stress in the next few days to have a discussion as to what they need with the money we donated to them, I have asked that we do not just give them a cheque as that will just go to head office and I have said that I want the money to go towards something that they need at the one here in Newport, the money that we have donated will be £220 and I am hoping that what ever they want to buy that the company that it is bought from will add a bit more to it by having their name mentioned in the local press at the presentation,( I can but try )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can all members that have rebooked the Premier inn for next year 18th June please let me know so that I can up date my list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had a great week-end. Thank you John,Dennis and Derek, many, many thanks.
    Have booked for next year, Joan and I.
    Best Regards to all. Doug & Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi John, On behalf of Margaret and myself,many thanks for the week-end and for all the hard work that you and the others put into it. Un till you've been involved in putting on an event of this nature people don't realise the amount of time and effort that has to be put into it,to make it a success.
    Like Irene,I would like to put forward a couple of suggestions for you to think about for next year,
    first I agree with Irene back ground music would I feel have add to the evening.
    Second, it would have be more fitting if some one had stood up and welcomed every one their particular those attending for the first time.All so after the Buffet it would have been a nice gesture to have invited the Manager and the Chef into the room and thanked them for all their hard work along with our thanks to all their Staff. With regard to the Buffet I thought this was superb value and i'm sure would have cost double any were else.Sure you be pleased to know finally ,it would have added to the evening if you had had a Raffle those attending could have been asked to bring a long a bottle of wine box of chocolates biscuits or any unwanted gift we may have lying around that we are never going to use,all the proses could then be donated to a worthy cause.
    Sorry John for rambling on,but thanks once again.

    Very Best Wishes from us Both.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the comments above, ref. a raffle. Maybe, ex-Royals attending next year could bring an item for the raffle, proceeds to go to to B&R Assoc. or Help for Heroes, whatever ??.

    Accommodation -- If any member not able to book into the Premier Inn.!! On the A38 approx. 10mins. from NMA and the Premier Inn there is a Travelodge. One on the East & West side of the A38. Members willing to share a room and taxi could have easy access to the Premier Inn for the evening and access to the NMA on the Sunday. Bear it in mind. Plus -- Its cheaper than the Premier Inn. They have run out of ducks for the bathroom. (Lennie Henry has lost his axe. We are all safe)



    Best Regards. Doug & Joan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would like to thank the manager for letting us have the room free as he did last year.
    And also the CHEF for putting on a very good buffet.
    Also i noticed that some members left the room because of the noise and bad language from one table.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Denis i sure agree with what you said about the noise. we will have to make sure it dont happen next year/put the Ex RMP.s on patrol.one thing i missed was the show of the REGT BANNER on Sunday i was expecting some update photo,s of the Flag and Banner also a picture of all the ladies as a group

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.